- The National Association of REALTORS® surveyed their members for their Confidence Index.
- The REALTORS® Confidence Index is a key indicator of housing market strength based on a monthly survey sent to over 50,000 real estate practitioners. Practitioners are asked about their expectations for home sales, prices and market conditions.
- Homes sold in less than 60 days in 44 out of 50 states, and Washington D.C.
- Homes typically went under contract in 34 days in October!
Guide To Buying a Home
Buying a home usually represents your single biggest investment .
The home buying process is one of the most exciting, and frequently stressful, experiences you’ll ever go through. This holds true whether you’ve bought many homes or you’re looking to buy your first, whether you’re in the market for a new primary residence, an investment property or that perfect vacation getaway. When To Buy A House
Today’s real estate market can offer more opportunities, yet can be filled with more risks than ever before. There are a multitude of factors to consider and decisions to make when Buying a home . When buying, it’s crucial to have all the available resources necessary to make a well-informed decision, together with the time required to make use of them. It’s important to enlist the help of a trusted real estate professional ” Keith Kreis “who’ll be able to provide expert guidance at each step of the buying process.
Finding and Buying a home includes the following steps, which we’ll examine in more detail throughout this booklet: When To Buy A House
1.) Define your goals, research your options, make your plans
Given that buying a home is such a big step, it’s very important to educate and prepare yourself as much as possible. This means clearly determining the reasons you’re buying and what kind of home you’re looking for. Since buying and financing Buying a home are so closely related, it also means examining your current financial situation and projecting how much you can afford. Once you’ve answered these questions, even tentatively, you’ll be in a better position to research housing and mortgage options, and create an action plan and timelines for moving forward. Although it is possible to do this yourself, you may benefit by consulting an experienced real estate professional like myself to help guide you right from the start. When To Buy A House?
58% of Homeowners See a Drop in Home Values Coming
According to the recently released Modern Homebuyer Survey from ValueInsured, 58 percent of homeowners think there will be a “housing bubble and price correction” within the next 2 years.
After what transpired just ten years ago, we can understand the concern Americans have about the current increase in home prices. However, this market has very little in common with what happened last decade. When To Buy A House
The two major causes of the housing crash were:
- A vast oversupply of housing inventory caused by home builders building at a pace that far exceeded historical norms.
- Lending standards that were so relaxed that unqualified buyers could easily obtain financing thus enabling them to purchase a home. When To Buy A House
Today, housing inventory is at a 20-year low with new construction starts well below historic norms and financing a home is anything but simple in the current mortgage environment. The elements that precipitated the housing crash a decade ago do not exist in today’s real estate market. When To Buy A House